1 small baguette
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 cloves raw garlic
2 cans condensed tomato soup
2 teaspoons chopped jalapeno (or to taste)
1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Using a serrated knife, slice bread into 1/2-inch pieces at a very sharp angle so that the pieces are long. Brush bread with oil and season with salt.
3. Place bread on a sheet pan and cook in the oven until toast pieces are golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
4. Secure a garlic clove on the end of a fork and scrape garlic over the bread 2 to 3 times; a little raw garlic goes a long way toward flavoring the bread.
5. Meanwhile, bring tomato soup to a simmer over medium-high heat and stir in jalapenos.
6. Remove from heat and slowly whisk in cheddar cheese until cheese has completely melted. Serve warm with garlic bread